Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pretty Paintings

Even though some of his paintings sell for a million dollars, most people don't know who I'm talking about when I mention Mark Ryden. I love art that's cute and creepy at the same time and I think it's safe to say Mark Ryden is the king of cute and creepy.


He usually has a theme for every series he does; such as blood, trees, meat or the Snow Yak. And he's painted Christina Ricci and Leonardo DiCaprio, who in my opinion are cut out for a Mark Ryden. They too have that unique quality you find in all of his paintings. I love that it's surreal, yet so lifelike.


I don't really have anything else to say on the subject. I think you should just check out his website and be prepared to get hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...