Friday, February 5, 2010


Lovely Movies

Yesterday I just sort of fell into this movie. I missed the first half an hour, but the storyline isn't really complex, so it was easy enough to follow after that. "Without a Paddle" might be more of a guys movie and may seem a bit tasteless, especially after watching the trailer, but I (and my mom as well) really enjoyed it.

I was surprised at all the actors. Some I knew, such as Seth Green, and the guy who worked at the reception on E.R. (I believe his name was Jerry on that show). But also Matthew Lillard, whom I recognized from "Dead Man's Curve", that weird movie I have started twice but have never finished watching cause it's always on too late. The strange thing is, after watching this movie yesterday I saw him again tonight on Law & Order SVU. That happens sometimes, you hear of something or someone after a very long while or for the first time and all of a sudden they're everywhere. I have that with words a lot. Do you have that?


This might not be the most special and original movie I have ever seen, but it was very entertaining. And as the great Samuel L. Jackson once said: The goal is for you to be entertained, and if you haven't thought about your day-to-day life and you've enjoyed yourself during that movie, it's enough, it doesn't have to be this great oscar nominated movie.
Of course this wasn't a direct quote, but you get what he meant. And I agree, sometimes you want a truly great movie and sometimes you want "Snakes on a Plane". I think the variation is what makes it all good.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew Lillard is so goofy. I usually enjoy watching him in movies, so I'll have to try to find this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I haven't seen this movie in forever! I can't even remember much of it. Maybe I should rent it one of these days. Hope your weekend is great so far. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...