Friday, October 26, 2012

Lovely Movies: Restless

This was one of those movies I desperately wanted to see on the big screen, but miraculously missed. Thankfully that seemed like a good excuse to pick up the dvd.


As mesmerized as I was by the trailer and as much as I was looking forward to this film, part of me was afraid that it would be a bit of a downer after a certain point. I feared that what started out as an upbeat, quirky story, would abruptly end in a sad and inevitable cliché. Thankfully that wasn't the case. The whole thing was perfect.

You can bend my one minute rule a little bit. Maybe watch a minute and a half. Or just watch it a few weeks before actually seeing the movie...


Anyway, this is an instant favorite of mine. It has great humor. It's sweet, but not too sweet. It has characters you haven't seen before. Mia Wasikowska is magnificent as always. Oh, and it makes you want to dust of your old game of battleship too.

Go see it!

8 comments:

  1. I can honestly say this never even made it onto my radar until now. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this looks AMAZING! my kind of movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this! I love her though, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOODNESS. The trailer gave me chills. I must see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww this looks like a cute movie! i will definitely check it out :) i love movies like this!
    -Deana

    http://birdsandoxfords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to watch this too. I love Mia Wasikowska!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so you know, thanks to you, me and my Mom watched that last night. :) It was precious. Thanks for the recomendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for this wonderful suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...