Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mixed Shelf #10

My plan of sticking to easy-to-read fiction is working out well for me. I was avoiding hyped books for a while, but now it seems I'm almost seeking them out. They are usually fast-paced and entertaining, just what I need right now!


Wanting: Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett
So far I've only read Terry Pratchett books about witches. I seem to enjoy those so much that I am hesitant to try anything else. I did start The Colour of Magic, but didn't get into it as much as I did with the others I read. I guess I missed the witches. I'm especially intrigued by this pretty hardback edition of Equal Rites. Isn't it beautiful?


Reading: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Divergent turned out to be a very quick read indeed. And Insurgent is thankfully equally as compelling, if not more so. I was always interested in learning more about the Amity, and we're definitely seeing more of them in this book. I hadn't expected that at all, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Anyway, I'm sure I'll breeze through this too!



Waiting: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
I have heard nothing but good things about this trilogy. Even from people that weren't priorly into fantasy. I enjoy magical elements a lot, but have to admit I haven't read any proper epic fantasy yet. This should be the perfect stepping stone. And if I'm like other readers, it might just get me completely hooked on the genre. I hope it will.




What is on your wish list/nightstand? Anything interesting?

2 comments:

  1. aw its always good to just sit and have an easy read. the Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Renison were my favourite easy read books. They are hilarious! I'm actually looking for fast paced books, exciting, something to really get my teeth into; any recommendations?

    littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Terry Pratchett cover is really nice! They recently had a series of similarly designed hardcovers of his books and they're so tempting. I loved Good Omens, which he wrote with Neil Gaiman, and tried to start on his Discworld series with The Colour of Magic, but wasn't completely sold hahah.

    Which Terry Pratchett books would you recommend? The witch ones you mentioned sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...