Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mixed Shelf #11

Some people read a whole lot over the summer. I don't think I'm one of them. I started Allegiant a while back, and though I did finish two audio books in the meantime, it's been a while since I sat down to read for hours on end.



Wanting: Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
If you watch any BookTube or spend a lot of time on Goodreads, I'm sure you've heard of Otherbound. And if so, I'm sure you've heard many good things, because it's getting phenomenal reviews. Apparently it's filled with great world building, interesting dynamics between characters, a very realistic queer character, as well as an interesting plot.


Reading: Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I have to admit that I'm a little stuck in the final book of what seemed to be wonderful trilogy. It's not that I'm completely indifferent, but everything has changed. Everything I liked in the other books is gone and I'm not quite into the events that replaced them yet. On top of that I'm really struggling with the dual perspective. So we'll see.



Waiting: Huntress by Malinda Lo
This is not quite a sequel/prequel to Malinda Lo's debut Ash, however it does take place in the same world and revolves around one of the characters from the first book. It's been ages since I read Ash, but I'm sure that won't matter. Also, my guess is that it's a quick read, so I might pick it up to do some lazy reading in the park after all.




What have you been reading? Are you a real summer reader or do you get distracted easily too?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you said about Allegiant! The two perspectives is throwing me off as well..but I'm trying to work my way through it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...