Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mixed Shelf #23

As you could see in my Christmas gifts post, I was lucky enough to receive the Puffin in Bloom books. Not only are they stunning, but I'm so looking forward to reading all the stories! Needless to say, I started the first right away.


Wanting: the Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Another classic I am very much looking forward to is the Secret Garden. I did quite recently purchase the movie, but I might order the book soon too, and read that first. And if I do, I'll definitely go with the Penguin Threads edition above, which looks like it has an embroidered cover. Even the inside shows the back of the original embroidery.



Reading: Heidi by Johanna Spyri
I can only describe Heidi as adorable! Her enthusiasm is very contagious and inspiring. She's not always rewarded for her impulsive actions, but she sure is fun to read about. Anyway, I know some things about the story, but am thankfully still unaware of how it'll end. Although I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. I don't have many pages left!


Waiting: the Lottie Project by Jacqueline Wilson
Now that I rekindled my love for Jacqueline Wilson books, I picked up my old copies from my mom's place. I hope to re-read them soon. Starting with the Lottie Project, which was probably my favorite. I don't recall the entire storyline, but I do still remember a couple of things, and I am 100% sure I absolutely adored this book. I hope I will even now!



Are there any children's classics -or newer releases, for that matter- that you really enjoy?



1 comment:

  1. The Lottie Project!
    I loved this book as a child, I may have to dig mine out again and give it a read :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...